Last Updated: 17 January 2013 17 January 2013
Textrum Industries sold the Flex industrial energy management system. The system monitored energy usage and lowered the peak loads by redistributing HVAC loads if energy usage predictions indicated the peak would be exceeded.
- Developed system firmware.
- 6802 processor.
- Custom multi-tasking kernel.
- Load control algorithms:
- Load shedding based on energy usage.
- Load scheduling and cycling based on time and temperature.
- Remote sensor communications.
- LCD display and keyboard interface.
- Remote terminal command interface.
- Printer interface.
- Approximately 5,000 lines of assembly language.
- Hardware and software integration, debug, and test.
- Designed data acquisition and control hardware.
- 6802 and 68000 processors.
- Temperature measurement.
- Relay controllers.